Margarita Shrimp Salad
|Add a slice a lime to glass!|
Toss shrimp, tequila, orange zest, lime zest and salt in a medium bowl. Cover and marinate for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Place onion in a small bowl, cover with cold water and some ice; let stand for 10 minutes, or until ready to use. Meanwhile, make Creamy Lime-Chile Dressing.
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients (except lettuce leaves). Gently toss. Arrange lettuce leaves in individual margarita glasses.
Divide salad and serve.
(Cooked chicken breast or scallops can be substituted for shrimp.)
1 pound medium cooked
· 1/4 cup tequila
· 2 teaspoons freshly grated orange zest
· 1 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1/4 cup thinly slivered red onion
· Yellow pepper, diced
· Cherry tomatoes, halved
· 1 orange, peeled and cut into segments
· 2 ripe avocados, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
· 2 cups torn butter lettuce
Creamy Lime-Chile Dressing
· 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
· 3 tablespoons lime juice
· 2 teaspoons minced seeded jalapeno, or serrano pepper
· 1 teaspoon chili powder
· 1 teaspoon sugar
· 1/4 teaspoon salt