Wednesday, September 22, 2010
• 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1-1 1/4 pounds total)
• Halved firm tomatoes
• Pasta of your choice, cooked as per instructions.
• ½ stick of butter
• ½ white onion chopped.
• 1 bag baby spinach
• ½ package of cream cheese (room temp.)
• ½ cup ½ & ½.
• 1-2 tablespoon basil pesto (store-bought or homemade)
• Freshly ground pepper & salt
• Italian bread crumbs
• Grated Romano cheese
Season chicken breasts and tomatoes with pepper and salt grill (approximately 12-15 minutes.) - While chicken is grilling, cook pasta according to instructions. In a large sauté pan, melt butter and sauté onions, add spinach, mix in cream cheese, then add ½ & ½ slowly. Mix in pesto.
Drain pasta, let chicken stand 5 minutes after grilling. Slice chicken on angle. On a large platter, mound pasta, then sauce and top with chicken. Place halved tomatoes around outer edge of platter. Sprinkle Italian bread crumbs and Romano cheese as garnish.